What is EUSES?

The School of Health and Sport is a university training centre attached to the University of Girona. It currently offers degrees in Physiotherapy, Physical Activity and Sport Sciences and the double degree of Physiotherapy + SPAS. Students of the University of Girona have available all the departments of the university community: Sports Department, Modern Languages Department, access to libraries of different campuses, participation in cultural activities, etc.

What is the Bachelor of Science in Physical Activity and Sport (SPAS)?

The SPAS university degree aims to train skilled professionals to act and take on responsibilities in different fields of work that are related to physical activity and sport.

What qualification will I get at the end of a degree in SPAS?

The degree awarded is the Bachelor of Science in Physical Education and Sports at the University of Girona.

What are the career opportunities?

SPAS graduates can work professionally in the following areas:

  • Health: Prescribing physical exercise, sports rehabilitation, physical activities technician for specific groups (elderly, disabled, and people at risk of social exclusion), etc.
  • Education: in a formal sector, it would be necessary to do the Master’s in Teacher Training for Secondary school and Professional Training (ESO, high school, vocational training of physical and sports activities and sports education) and in the informal sector (sports schools, extracurricular activities, etc.).
  • Performance: Trainer in competitive sports and amateur sports, sports coach, personal trainer, etc.
  • Management: Director or coordinator of sports facilities, manager of sports organisations, sports technician in public administration, director and manager of sports and commercial enterprises, etc.
  • Leisure and recreation: Director of sports events, director and manager of sport and physical activity companies in the natural environment, physical activity officer in sports tourism, etc.

Why study in EUSES?

EUSES is a university whose main objective is the excellence and quality of its education and training and which ensures the future of its students. It has a team of qualified teachers and professionals that are active in different industrial sectors, thus ensuring a complete education, that is up-to-date and of high quality.

EUSES provides a tracking service and individual counselling for students in academic and vocational guidance issues. Throughout the degree, the university facilitates the learning of English and additional training for students through workshops, seminars and courses developed by experts from different fields of sport, as well as the opportunity to participate in research or entrepreneurship. In addition, it encourages the pursuit of extracurricular activities in various public and private entities so that the student can experience the professional reality first hand. Finally, it offers students a few programmes that can enable the implementation of the last phase of their undergraduate education at international universities of high prestige.

Furthermore, EUSES offers Erasmus or SICUE mobility programmes that allow the student to complete their training in various states or foreign universities.

What level of English is indicated for the Bachelor degree?

Students entering for the first time to the university from the academic year 2014-2015 must prove, at the end of the studies, a B2 level of English. You can demonstrate the level of English by presenting the following degrees or certificates to the college office:

  • English B2 Modern Languages ​​Department of the UdG
  • Fifth year of the Official Language School.
  • First Certificate in English (University of Cambridge)
  • TOELF IBT 87-109
  • IELTS 5.5-6.5

What are the entry requirements?

To access the Degree in SPAS it is necessary to obtain a score equal to or greater than the cut-off score of the academic year, be enrolled and pass the personal aptitude tests (PAP). The cut-off score of last year was 5.

What are personal aptitude tests (PAP)?

PAPs are a set of physical tests that must be passed in order to access the SPAS studies.

These tests are the same for any of the universities that offer SPAS studies in Catalonia, so that suitable candidates in PAP may request access to any university.

Does everybody have to do the PAP?

No. Exempted from testing are the top athletes recognised by the Generalitat of Catalonia and by the state, collected in the DOGC (Official Bulletin of the Generalitat of Catalonia) and the BOE (Official State Bulletin) respectively.

Where and when are the PAPs done?

The PAPs of EUSES Salt (UdG) will be held on 18 June 2015 in Salt sports facilities. The PAPs of EUSES Terres de l’Ebre (URV) will be held on 19 June 2015 in the premises of the centre.

What Baccalaureate specialities are best in order to pursue the degree in SPAS?

The Baccalaureate specialities we recommend to access the SPAS studies are the Scientific or Biomedical Baccalaureate. Knowledge taught in these specialities is related and serves as a basis for some subjects of the degree. In addition, the subjects of physics, chemistry and biology that are taught in these specialities are weighted 0.2 in the PAU. Still, you can access the SPAS studies through any speciality school.

Is there any recognition for students of Higher Vocational Training?

Yes. Students from CFGS can obtain validation of the subjects and the credits listed below:  [web]

If I am a high level sports-person, can combine SPAS studies with the competition?

Yes, in the University of Girona there is the University Sports programme that provides academic support from a teacher or tutor to high-level athletes or high performance students that will help you solve compatibility problems of academic life and participation in competitions, rallies or qualifying. To join this programme you must meet the requirements in the following link: [web]

Can I apply for a scholarship to study in EUSES?

Yes. You can apply for general and mobility scholarships offered by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports. At the following link you can check the announcements from last year [web]

What should I do to enrol in the SPAS degree?

To enrol in the SPAS  degree you must carry out the inscription through the portal accesnet of the Generalitat of Catalonia ( The period usually begins in the first week and ends in the second week of June.

What if I want to continue studying?

EUSES has a specific and adapted curriculum allowing the recognition of  90 credits from the Bachelor of Sciences in Physical Activity and Sport and the Degree in Physiotherapy that enables you to get a dual degree within 5.5 years.

It also facilitates the further training of students during the academic period through an excellent continuous and varied offer to meet the needs for continued training at a higher level (monographic courses, summer courses, seminars, etc.)

Additionally, EUSES offers the Master’s in Rehabilitation in Physical Activity and Sporting Activity taught by top professionals which aims to provide specific training for professional practice in the field of post-injury sports rehabilitation, focused on the development of prevention plans, proposed rehabilitation for specific injuries, assessment and control of the process of rehabilitation.